“All effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these.” ~ Adolf Hitler
If he weren’t President, Donald Trump’s immaturity, lies, name calling, and propaganda would just be the pathetic ravings of a sick, twisted soul. Since he is President, his outrageous behavior is both counter-productive and dangerous, as well as embarrassing for us as a nation.
Instead of carefully studying issues and addressing them via a clear strategy and action plan, Trump simply buttresses his random position via outrageous lies while denigrating his opponents. An immature, schoolyard adolescent at heart, he immensely enjoys labeling his opponents (Crying Schumer, Crooked Hillary, Lyin’ Ted, Pocahontas, Sloppy Steve, Crazy Jim, Sneaky Feinstein, Jeff Flaky, Al Frankenstein, and so forth).
Having grown up not far from where Trump lived, I understand him. He’s the NYC schoolyard bully, pushing his weight around and ignoring rules that hinder him. Trump was the spoiled child of an ultra-rich man, so he got away with it. His father made sure that he got out of trouble and assured his getting into top schools, even if he did not have the grades to qualify. Despite Trump asking for Obama’s grades to be released, Trump has never released his own for good reason.
He continued his bullying ways as a developer, initially using his father’s clout and funds. He did outrageous things and got away with them.
• Twenty-four women accused Trump of sexual harassment, up to and including non-consensual sex.
• Trump placed a full page ad in NYC papers saying that the “Central Park Five’’ (accused rapists) should get the death penalty. When they were released many years later (due to conclusive DNA evidence proving them innocent), he never apologized.
• Trump hired a contractor to build Trump Tower in NYC, his flagship. The contractor hired illegal immigrants to build it and then refused to pay them.
• Trump walked through the dressing rooms of numerous Miss Teen USA contestants, some of whom were nude.
• Various Trump companies went broke leaving his partners in dire straits, while Trump just walked away. These businesses include three Trump Atlantic City casinos, Trump Plaza Hotel, and two casino holding companies. Plus, he has had other business failures, including Trump University.
• Per his own admission, in some years Trump paid no taxes.
• Trump jump started the racist birther movement, falsely declaring that our first black President was born in Kenya.
Despite these outrages (and with the help of Russia and an incompetent campaign by his opponent), Trump was elected President by the undemocratic Electoral College.
Trump also has a long, proven history of lying with a straight face, particularly about his wealth and success in business enterprises. He has continued this strategy as a politician.
According to the Washington Post, Trump has lied 10,000 times while in office. Playing to the “fact-deprived” masses who know no better, he lies every time his lips move. Per PolitiFact and FactCheck.org, as well as many media outlets, these are among his many lies:
• In a late-term abortion, “the mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby; they wrap the baby beautifully. And then the doctor and the mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby” and “The Democrat position on abortion is now so extreme that they don’t mind executing babies AFTER birth.”
• “The Democrat plan would just obliterate Medicare and terminate Medicare Advantage … seniors who have been paying for this for years (and) will not be taken care of anymore.”
• “The Obama administration was begging for a meeting” with Kim Jong Un.
• “The Paris climate accord is simply the latest example of Washington entering into an agreement that disadvantages the United States”
• “China will be allowed to build hundreds of additional coal plants. So we can’t build the plants, but they can, according to the agreement.”
• Tariffs are “paid for mostly by China, by the way, not by us.”
• “We’re building the wall as we speak” (10-18)
• “All Republicans support people with pre-existing conditions”
• “Obama had a separation policy. I didn’t have it. He had it.” • “If Democrats win control of Congress this November, we will come dangerously closer to socialism in America.”
• “My administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country.” • “We enacted the biggest tax cuts and reform in American history” • “Auto companies are pouring into the U.S.”
• “Mexico is paying for the wall”
• “There was no crime” and “no obstruction.” It’s past time that Speaker Pelosi acts to impeach this illegitimate President. Yes, McConnell cares more about his party than our nation and will not remove him. But it’s up to the Democrats to do the right thing constitutionally: Impeachment.