If you are one of the thousands who live or visit Senoia, a new survey has some good news for you.
Safewise.com’s annual study of safe cities in Georgia puts Senoia at the top of the list. Peachtree City came in sixth in the survey, while Fayetteville ranked 36th safest.
The study listed several notable findings:
- • Senoia jumped from number four in 2018 to number one this year.
- • The low incidence of violent crime is impressive because these cities are bigger than those named in most other states – and 60 percent had fewer than 25 total violent crimes.
- • Only two cities on the list had more than 100 violent crimes, and the highest was 126 in Sandy Springs, which has a population of more than 100,000.
- • 70 percent of the safest cities had no murders.
- • Digital security is rated the top safety concern in Georgia.
The survey group also disclosed the methodology in determining the safe cities.
“To identify the safest cities of 2019, we reviewed 2017 FBI crime report statistics (the most recent complete report available at the time of ranking) and population data. Our rankings are based on the number of reported violent crimes (aggravated assault, murder, rape, and robbery) in each city. If there was a tie, we also factored in the number of property crimes (burglary, arson, larceny-theft, and motor vehicle theft). We give precedence to violent crime because it typically results in physical harm or injury, whereas property crime usually has an economic impact. While both are concerning, people are usually more afraid of violent crime, which directly impacts their feeling of safety.”