NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Fayette County Board of Education is considering plans to build a replacement school facility for the current J.C. Booth Middle School. Hearings for public input are scheduled for Monday, September 23, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. and Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. Hearings will be held in the Fayette County Board of Education meeting room located at 205 LaFayette Avenue, Building A, Fayetteville, Georgia 30214.
Relevant information concerning the proposed replacement school facility is as follows:
• The current location of J.C. Booth Middle School is 250 Peachtree Parkway South, Peachtree City, Georgia 30269.
• The proposed replacement facility would be located on Stagecoach Road, off of Robinson Road and south of Georgia Highway 54 in Peachtree City.
• The replacement facility would be built to accommodate 1,400 students in grades six to eight.
• No other schools would be modified to accommodate current J.C. Booth Middle School students, and current middle school attendance zones would not be affected.
• The total cost of the proposed replacement facility is approximately $46 million, which would be funded through local sources, including ESPLOST funds and local capital project funds.
• If a replacement facility is constructed, the school system would use the current facility to expand educational offerings in partnership with post-secondary institutions.
The purpose of the hearing will be for the public to make comments and suggestions related to the building of the replacement facility. The public may submit comments or suggestions in writing to Fayette County Board of Education members at 205 LaFayette Avenue, Building A, Fayetteville, Georgia 30214 or to administrative assistant Kaye Sikes at email@example.com.
September 25, 2019