Fire destroys Fayetteville home

Fire destroys Fayetteville home

img_06641
A fire destroyed this home on Lisbon Rd. Friday night. (Photo via Fayette County Fire and Emergency Services)

A home on Lisbon Road in Fayetteville near Whitewater High School was completely destroyed by fire Friday night.

The call came in just before 8 p.m., with the first unit from Fayette County Fire and Emergency Services arriving on scene within minutes. The fire was already fully-involved, and the house is a total loss. All four occupants were able to self-evacuate. Red Cross has been contacted to assist the family.

According to Deputy Fire Chief Tom Bartlett, the blaze started as a grease fire on the stove that extended to the cabinets and the rest of the home.

Christopher Dunn

Managing Editor Christopher Dunn has been with the Fayette County News since 2011, in addition to running Fayette Victory magazine. He is a graduate of Fayette County schools, as well as a graduate of Georgia State University with a degree in journalism. Follow him on twitter @fayettesports.